1.07.2012

Lost in the Game


This series of illustrations is based on small doodles I do in my sketchbook. They started off as innocent vignettes of feelings you get when playing in a match or training. Some illustrate qualms I have with the way the game is sometimes played, for instance the diving one. I tried to keep the old fashioned ball as a recurring theme throughout. 

An example of a sketch...
I also wanted to depict certain matches or instances that stuck with me like Gareth Bale taking on Maicon in Whitehart Lane or Stevie G scoring against Olympiakos. I'll continue to add to the series as the works themselves don't take a long time to complete and I still have many more waiting in reserve. 

As usual I really appreciate all the comments here and on twitter. RT's are great for getting the work to a wider audience so to anyone that takes the time, thank you very much. I hope you enjoy the illustrations.

And if you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to stick them in a comment or tweet and let me know!

Head in the clouds...


Megs!
Keep your eye on the ball.
I hate diving.
Taxi for Maicon...
Cold, wet night at the Britannia...
3-2
Last ditch Carra
I live on Planet Football.
Teamwork!


Orange Card?
Don't want to wake up tomorrow in the UEFA Cup...
One club man.


I HEART FUTBOL


Give Racism the two footed tackle.


The boy Rooney

Muller Lite



Maradona 7


Where Ennio Morricone and football intersect...

...Hand of God...



Moneyball



Tokyo Sexwhale


Actual Moneyball



Pepe Reina. He's a keeper.



Pepe, no one wants your shirt.


He's big, he's green. He's also red.



'It's all about rondos' - Xavi



Great first touch



10 yards please.


CR7


Suppose it was an okay goal.



Cristiano


Clasico


That's a good question...


:)


Diving in Football makes me sad


Magician


FIFA


Respect the Ref


Lost in the Game


Nod to Saul Bass

Floodlights

Samba



16 comments:

  1. Thanks Jason, I'm enjoying doing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are bloody fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Miguel Delaney that these deserve to go on tshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wet night at Stoke is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me a little while to decipher what the 3-2 was, but I think it's genius. My favourite on here by a long way. Keep it up Dan.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you considered making any of these into pinbadges?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant them, agree with the tshirt idea. Maicon/Bale prob my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them; not just well-made, but really smart as well. I'm not sure mister 14 sported the famous ginger stubble back then though. Still brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are brilliant, sticking a few on our tumblr site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost it at Tokyo Sexwhale

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only I could 'borrow' one for my twitter profile........

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice that you can find time to create beautiful things like these. This is really awesome.


    Vaginal Mesh Articles

    ReplyDelete